Vote for Our Nation
“Blessed is the Nation whose God is the Lord.”
God never intended for the Government of Nations to be separated and void of Him and His leadership. He said, rather, that all rulers are ordained by Him. It is Satan’s device and not God’s, that would have Nations being ruled by self and its own will … men deciding for men what is right to do and not right to do. The devil’s plan is that “every man do that which is right is his own eyes”. A vote cast for our nation, is one cast by doing right according to what God says.
(1) Psalm 33:12 ”Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.”
(2) Psalm 144:15 “Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.”
(3) Philippians 3:19 “Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.”
1. To cast a vote for our nation means to cast a vote FOR GOD, and AGAINST our FLESHLY DESIRES. (Deut. 11:1) “Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.” READ Deut. 11:1-5
To “vote for our nation”, means to desire that we get what is best for us. The above mentioned verses tell us that a Nation is (1) Blessed and (2) Happy when our God is The Lord, and that we are headed for destruction when (3) our god is our belly.
2. America’s founding fathers stated That we need God, as they set up our country. (John 15:5) “ … For without me ye can do nothing.” (Ps 127:1) ”Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.”
A. Andrew Jackson said, “The Bible is the Rock on which our republic rests.”
B. President John Adams said of the Constitution, “…we have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
C. Daniel Webster said, “Whatever makes men good Christians, makes them good citizens.”
3. America’s founding fathers knew that “righteousness exalteth a nation.”
Pr 14:34 “ Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”
A. George Washington said in his farewell address, after serving the nation for 45 years (the last 8 as President) “ Of all the habits and dispositions which lead to political prosperity, RELIGION and MORALITY are indispensable supports.”
He continues to talk of those who would later remove these from politics … “In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars.”
(removing religion and morality from public life is unpatriotic, according to our 1st President.)
B. After “4 or five weeks” of “small progress” at the Constitutional Congress on July 28, 1887, Ben Franklin (considered to be one of the least spiritual of the Founding Fathers ) said, “ I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth- that God Governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?”
Prov. 14:34 “ Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.”
Prov. 15:6-9 “ … but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness.”
It is not an economy that lifts us up, it is living in righteousness.
**ILLUSTRATION** We are trying to export democracy around the world and wondering why it fails. It fails because we must export God, salvation and right living, in order to bring blessings to the country we are trying to change. The USA has been blessed because of her Godly Heritage, not her economic organization. (examples of our Godly Heritage are listed at the end of the lesson also)
C. A Vote for An Exalted Nation - through righteousness - means ….
Voting for the preservation of Life as created by God, not man’s choice (Ge 2:7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (Job 12:10) “In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.” (Job 33:4) “The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.”
Voting for the preservation of Marriage as created by God (Gen. 5:2) “Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.” (Ge 1:27) “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
Voting for the preservation of the Church as created by God (Mt 16:18) “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”
Voting for freedom as Given by God and spelled out in the U.S. Constitution. This verse describes how it is supposed to be -(Romans 13:3) “For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:” We have right now a propensity amongst our government to be a terror unto good works and the people’s rights. Sometimes by the courts, and sometimes by our elected officials.
Voting for the preservation and expansion of our missions program, by giving faithfully and keeping our commitments. (2 Cor. 8:7-10) 2Cor. 8:7 says “Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.”
Voting for A Good Economy (prosperity) means voting for Free Enterprise and Personal Responsibility. Both are Biblical. (1Thess. 4:11) “And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.” (2Thess. 3:10) For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. - Acts 20:35; Eph. 4:28; 2Thess. 3:7-8,11-12; 1Peter 4:15- (Genesis 3:19) “In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; …”
Voting for national blessing and not a curse means Voting to Keep God, and references to Him, in Private life and National display (we better choose to keep God on our money, motto, pledge, school walls, courtrooms, etc. or He promises a curse on the nation) (Deut. 11:28) “And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.”
More References to blessing/curse - Deut. 28:15, Josh. 1:8, Deut. 30:19, Psalms 109:17
A Vote for our Nation MUST include a vote For Israel. God says in Gen. 12:3 “And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” Our National Blessings are contingent upon our National Support of Israel. (Numbers 24:8,9) “God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows. He couched, he lay down as a lion, and as a great lion: who shall stir him up? Blessed is he that blesseth thee, and cursed is he that curseth thee. Genesis 18:18; 22:18; 26:4; 27:29; Exodus 23:22; Psalms 72:17; Acts 3:25; Galatians 3:8
4. God Puts responsibility on Reviving America on the Christians getting right, not the Heathen getting right.
2 Chronicles 7:14 “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
**ILLUSTRATION** (from Ark. Democrat- Gazette, Sept. 7, 2012 – page 1a and 4a)
This summer, while most States still hold same-sex marriage as illegal, the Christ Episcopal church of Little Rock “blessed the union” of 2 men. A Little Rock lawyer, and a professor at Hendrix College travelled to NY to have a same-sex marriage performed. While The State of Arkansas does not recognize the “marriage” in any way, a “church” and its denomination – does recognize and celebrate it. Leading the way into sin … is the church. One of the men said, “Arkansas does not recognize homosexual marriages, but it is just a matter of time.” He may be correct about that, but if it does happen … it is the fault of the church. While Governor Mike Beebe stands against his political party’s platform (stated priorities), the Episcopal church stands against God and His Word (our stated priorities). God commands His people to turn from this and to Him. “If My people … then will I” , God says in 2 Chronicles 7:14
All through the Old Testament God’s people are admonished to turn to God, call upon Him or Cry Out to Him when they were in tough, or backslidden times.
A few Little known facts about our Christian Heritage in National History
1. The US House of Rep. Building was used for a Church Building starting with Congressional decree on Dec. 4, 1800. It was the largest church in America in 1857. Thomas Jefferson attended that church for 8 years as president. He even ordered the Marine Corps band to play in some services.
2. The U.S. Congress commissioned and funded the first English Bible printed in America in 1782. The purpose stated by Congress was “for the use of our schools.” They printed 20,000 copies, and only 29 are left. Making it one of the rarest books in the world.
3. Of the 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence, 29 held seminary or Bible School degrees.
4. 8 Paintings appear in the Capitol Building Rotunda, and were commissioned by Congress in 1830. 4 of them were to “depict our religious origin and heritage”. The “Landing of Columbus in 1492” shows them landing and first praying, around a cross, and naming the place “San Salvador” or Holy Saviour. Another is of the 1st Native American convert to Christianity - “The Baptism of Pocahontas” in January of 1613. Next, the “Embarkation of the Pilgrims 1620” displays the Bible and Prayer.
5. Each state placed 2 statues of Famous people in the Capitols Statuary Hall. ¼ of the 100 statues are of Ministers of the Gospel. Most of them are depicted holding some form of the scriptures.
6. In every major memorial in Washington DC, God is mentioned, thanked and carved into the Marble.
7. Our 20th president, James A. Garfield was a preacher in the 2nd Great Awakening. In a letter he wrote in 1858, he recounts details of a revival in which he preached 19 times. His services resulted in 34 salvation decisions, 31 of which followed in baptism.
8. Our Nation’s First session of the First US Congress was on Sept. 6, 1774. It opened in prayer, or a prayer meeting that many records say was close to 3 hours long. Acc. to a letter from John Adams to Abigail, his wife, It resulted in a prayer and fasting declaration given to all the colonies (1st of 15 Congressional prayer proclamations)
9. The Bible, which started as the main textbook for the Public Schools, was use as such in public schools for 320 years. It was removed by the U.S. Supreme Court on June 17, 1963.
10. Founding father and signer of the Constitution Francis Hopkinson, creator of our American Flag design, put all the Psalms to music.
11. The only Founding Father to sign all four Founding Documents is Roger Sherman. He also authored the Denominational Creed for his denomination. It was his custom to read the Bible through every year. He would purchase a new one at the start of each Congress, read it through and make notes in it that year, and present it to one of his children. (he had 15)
12. Most armies of the world would be outnumbered by the registered hunters in just one state. For instance, Wisconsin had over 600,000 registered hunters. The hunters in the 4 states of WI, PA, MI, WV outnumber the world’s largest armies.
13. There is a Congressional Prayer Room adjacent to the main Capitol Rotunda in our U.S. Capitol building. It was opened in 1954, same year that “Under God” was added to our pledge. It has a stained glass portrait of George Washington praying with the words “This Nation Under God” above his head, and Psalm 16:1 surrounding him. “Preserve me, O God, for in Thee do I put my trust.”
Suggested Reading or Viewing
1. Lives of the Signers of the Declaration of Indep., Benson J. Lossing (orig. 1848)
2. One Nation Under God, David C. Gibbs, Jr. at www.Christianlaw.org
3. Video – Our Godly Heritage, David Barton at Wallbuilders.com
4. Video – Is America a Christian Nation, David Barton at Wallbuilders.com
5. Video -Spiritual Heritage, a Tour of the U.S. Capitol Building at wallbuilders.com
Friday, September 7, 2012
Check out this video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AmCSpVxBA&feature=youtube_gdata_player Saw this live yesterday ... A must watch... The Democratic Party took the only mention of God out of the party platform. Took out the only mention of Jerusalem as the cap of Israel. These had one mention in 2008 , and just 3 in 2004. Then they boo - loudly - at the platform committee putting God back into the official platform statements, after a one day nightmare of relentless political pressure! Anyone ever seen booing at God? !!! They put in official support of sodomite marriage, further support of partial birth abortion, weaker support of Israel ... is anybody booing that???!!! All qualities that God calls "abomination"! Amazing any Christian can support that mess. Joe